pergunta:"Many experts say that children shouldn t be allowed to watch TV because it has bad effects and is a waste of time. However, some programs are educational and worthwhile for youngsters." It is possible to say that these two sentences in the text
01) represent two different points of view about the effects of television on children. 02) show examples of some bad TV programs. 04) express converging opinions regarding television for children. 08) show two opposing views concerning television for children. 16) describe the bad effects of TV in detail. 32) list different TV programs which are bad for children.
pergunta:According to the writer s point of view, it is correct to say that:
01) It is a waste of time to watch "Sesame Street". 02) Nature programs are educational for youngsters. 04) Children should be encouraged to watch after school specials. 08) Educational programs limit youngsters everyday experiences. 16) Children may learn a lot of things by watching educational TV programs.
pergunta:"Children should be encouraged to watch these educational programs because they may learn about many things that are outside of their limited everyday experiences."
According to the sentence above and its context, it is correct to say that:
01) Educational programs limit children s everyday experiences. 02) Educational programs help youngsters learn about many things. 04) Educational programs increase chances for children to learn about things that are not part of their daily lives. 08) Educational programs are not considered worthwhile for children. 16) Watching TV educational programs is beneficial to children. 32) Educational programs do not help children expand their everyday experiences.
pergunta:According to the writer s point of view, the TV program "Sesame Street"
01) has bad effects on children. 02) is shown only in special schools. 04) is one of the educational programs that children should be encouraged to watch. 08) is a waste of time. 16) is one of the educational programs that help children learn to read. 32) encourages children to limit their everyday experiences. 64) is worthwhile for youngsters.
01) The place where the plane crash happened. 02) The destination of Flight 427. 04) The number of people who were killed in the accident. 08) Possible causes of the accident. 16) The nationality of the captain of Flight 427. 32) The pilot s name. 64) The year the plane was built.
01) The pilot was interviewed after the accident. 02) Carl Vogt works for the National Transportation Safety Board. 04) Not all the passengers were killed in the crash. 08) Flight 427 was going to Europe. 16) The pilot unsuccessfully tried to save the airplane. 32) Peter Germano did not die in the plane crash.
pergunta:Based on the text it is correct to say that:
01) The National Transportation Safety Board was investigating the causes of the plane crash. 02) The pilot was listening to a tape when the plane crashed. 04) Pittsburgh is situated in Pennsylvania. 08) Nobody survived from the accident. 16) The plane was brought down by sabotage. 32) The disaster happened this year.
pergunta:According to the text, the accident may have happened because:
01) the plane hit another aircraft. 02) all the fuel was used up. 04) the pilot made some mistake. 08) the plane had mechanical problems before it departed from Chicago. 16) a bird caused the engine to malfunction or to stop. 32) visibility was bad. 64) of turbulence.
01) were spoken by the captain of Flight 427. 02) were spoken by Carl Vogt. 04) do not explain what caused the accident. 08) were on a tape recording released by the crash investigators. 16) were spoken by one of the crash investigators. 32) were spoken by Peter Germano just before the crash.
pergunta:Based on the text, it is correct to say that:
01) Public schools in the United States were only for adults. 02) Parents did not have to pay for their children s education in public schools. 04) Many adults could go to public schools in the United States. 08) Parents were generally better educated than their children. 16) There were no jobs for immigrants.
01) The type of jobs people found after leaving school. 02) The absence of evening classes for adults. 04) The list of public schools that first appeared in the United States. 08) The precise number, of immigrants that used to go to school in the United States. 16) The different ways public schools helped immigrants. 32) The fact that children were allowed to get a free education.