(1) When an American stares fixedly into the other person s eyes, he is looking for a more intimate relationship. (2) Americans never look into each other s eyes. (3) Emotions do not depend on eye contact. (4) Eve contact is interpreted the same way in all countries.
(1) "careful" (2nd paragraph) is the opposite of careless. (2) "one another s" (2nd paragraph) can be correctly replaced by somebody else s. (3) "lasts" (2nd paragraph) means ends. (4) "recalled" (3nd paragraph) means called again.
(1) "searchingly" (2nd paragraph) is the same as penetratingly. (2) "heightened" (2nd paragraph) is an adjective. (3) "this" (2nd paragraph) refers to "relationship" (2nd paragraph). (4) "Therefore" (2nd paragraph) is the same as so.
(1) The dreams that link two aspects of our minds. (2) The fact that nobody is able to interpret their own dreams. (3) The only possible method of helping people to easily remember their dreams. (4) The way dreams reasonably explain what happened in the past 24 to 48 hours.
(1) Most dreams relate to long past experiences. (2) One should attempt to record the dreams on awakening. (3) Dreams may help explaining depression. (4) A psychologist is the best person to interpret people s dreams.
(1) Most dreams relate to family problems. (2) One main belief about dreams is that they are reflections of our waking life. (3) Dreams have to do with real life experiences. (4) Dreams do explain things we are trying to suppress.
pergunta:Match the sentences on there first with the words on the second
I - It s almost ......... to hear about clones. II - Although no one thought his story was .......... his mother believed him. III - The islands of the Caribbean are .......... beautiful. IV - Many people .......... that vou must be very good at grammar. V - Do you share this ......... ?
(1) Some people deny the idea that people should decide when to die. (2) It is up to the doctors to decide when a person should die. (3) Fortunately, people now seem to have agreed about the discussion around THE RIGHT TO DIE.